Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Keep Calm and Carry On

This phrase has been on my mind a lot lately with all the changes I've been facing in life. I first saw it two months ago on the wall of my sister's pastor's house in South Carolina and it struck a chord in my heart then.



It amazes me how often we as children of God freak out when obstacles come our way instead of staying calm and trusting God and just going on with our business. I have been known to fall apart in times past but I have been praying and asking God to strength my faith so that instead of falling apart I can hold me head high knowing He will take care of me! And I must say I think im finally getting a hold of it. That is not to say i havent had moments in this current mess when ive questioned things and wondered why me?! But I have continued to put one foot in front of the other and I have a peace about my situation. I know that God will come through for me. and while my life may not be shaping up the way I always dreamed it would when I was a little girl I know He can still make it into a magnificent life!  


And those who know Your name will put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You. (Psalm 9:10)


If you are facing an obstacle or two or ten today, hold your head high and trust in the Lord. Worrying and freaking out will not change your situation and i dare say it will not make you feel better only worse. So instead of doing the same things we've always done when confronted with a giant in our life why not keep going in the Name of the Lord and trust Him and allow Him the opportunity to show up. The things we go through should not surprise us so much and make us so off kilter that people cannot tell that we are covered by the One True Living God!


Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you, which comes upon you for your testing, as though some strange thing were happening to you (1 Peter 4:12)


Seek Him instead of freaking out! See how much better you feel. It might not miraculously change your situation but it will change you and thats whats most important in the end anyways. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment