Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

30 before 30

I was watching an episode of Brothers&Sisters earlier (which was a good series that I just watched entirely on Netflix thanks to a recommendation by Dehli, but I digress) and one of the siblings was turning 30 and had written a list of things when he was a kid that he wanted to do before that ripe old age... And since I am winding up my thirties in a few short years*tear* I thought it would be cool to compile a list of things I'd like to do before my best years are behind me.  

So here goes.... (In no particular order)

  1. Go on a cruise
  2. Change the oil on a car
  3. Shoot a gun... (be afraid)
  4. Get to my goal weight (Thank you baby weight for sticking around and wearing out your welcome!)
  5.  Have an eighties dance party (because that just seems like something somebody in my generation needs to do at least once in their life!)
  6. Go on a road trip with no destination in mind
  7. Build something ...out of wood... with my own hands... using power tools and such
  8. Learn to drive a stick (again be afraid)
  9. Go back to school
  10. Move somewhere new
  11. Be apart of a flash mob
  12. Make homemade croissants 
  13. Take ballroom dancing lessons
  14. Keep my house "Rose clean" for a week, while the kids ARE home (If you don't understand this then you've never been to my mom's house. Shes a magician for sure)
  15. Go somewhere outside of the U.S that I've never been
  16. Run a marathon
  17. Teach my kids to ride a bike
  18. Learn to play the piano
  19. Cook a homemade meal for dinner every night of one whole week (and if you know me then you know this would be much be a miracle)
  20. Find my soul mate (Ok this might be a bit much before the big 3-0 but you never know. You have not because you ask not, right?! ;))
  21. Make an apple pie 
  22. Finally read the Bible all the way through
  23. Win three people to God
  24. Go to Disney World
  25. Take my kids to go swim in an ocean
  26. Create a nest egg
  27. Work on being a better sister, friend, daughter, mother...person
  28. Watch a full presidential debate (zzzzzZZZZzzzZZzzz)
  29. Memorize the order of the books of the Bible and more scripture
  30. Go to a Steelers and/or a Lakers game
And there you have it, my 30 before 30 list... I better get going because the BIG day will be here before I know it... As I mark things off the list I will write about it to keep you updated. I'm excited to see how many of these I'll be able to complete, I hope my sisters are up to some of these challenges because I wont be able to do it alone :)

12 comments:

  1. Well I will most certainly be doing most of them with you! So what can we start on right now?? the bible stuff,Goal weight, and the cooking stuff. No doing the flash mob or the eighties dance party without me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome for the recommendation :)
    Yes I will be doing some of this list with you of course!
    Alan and I will take you out during Christmas and shoot his gun. :) I'm definitely down for a cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea liv I'm getting back on the goal weight one I've fallen off so bad :(.... and ill make sure you are around for the flaw mob and eighties dance party :) this list should make for some awesome memories for sure!!!! ..... yea cant wait to go shoot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to be the downer...but you will not be able to watch a full presidential debate before you turn 30...as the next one will not be for another 4 years. lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha but great list! i can't wait to start doing stuff. i'm with liv...don't be doing stuff without me lol. ooh, kirk and his family will have TONS of guns during thanksgiving too...and WIDE open spaces for you to shoot lol

      Delete
    2. O and that's for being Debby downer.!!

      Delete
  5. Ah man I wish I had seen this before we had our chit chat I would've invited myself to shoot some with him! Lol I guess that'll be our convo next time we talk it up on the phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's already talking about taking us deer hunting during Thanksgiving....and by us, I don't mean ALLLLL of y'all hahahaha :D

      Delete
    2. You can tell him now that y'all are Fb friends. One step closer to exchanging digits...haha

      Delete
  6. You better get on this list... now that's it's 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man. I sure was ambitious two years ago! Hahah. Road trip for spring break? With a stop at a gun range? Anyone know somebody with a stick shift? Hahah

      Delete