Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

State Fair..

I totally SPACED yesterday and forgot to blog! :(  So I'm doing it today! :)
I went to the Dallas State Fair last Monday with my boss and her family. It was my first fair that I could remember  It was SO much fun. They had tons of booths, games, rides, people, and animals! 



My ticket to get in

Dallas state fair is known for their fried food. Yes I said FRIED. They have the most fried for EVER. Anything you can imagine its fried! So of course being a cooking and food tasting guru I just HAD to taste a couple of things! (fried beer, fried cheesecake, fried butter, fried bacon cinnamon rolls, fried salsa, fried cookie dough)


 Here is the fried jambalaya served with a onion ring and spicy sauce. It was to die for!! This was the first year having it. It also won the best tasting award this year. Which, in my opinion, it was well deserved. I could have eaten about ten more of them. lol


 Here is the BIG Texan. lol :) he is in the middle of everything. :)


 Next on the taste test was fried mac-n-cheese. Which i thought was okay. If they used my mommas homemade mac-n-cheese it would have been a WHOLE lot better! Plus the bun that they used made it to breadie if that makes any sense. :)

 One of the waterfalls. :)


 They last thing we tried that was fried was the guacamole!! :)


 My boss and I waiting for our order of guacamole!
 (and YES i did wear my redskins jersey to a DALLAS event)



 The inside of the guacamole. It was pretty good. A bit spicy and the batter was just a bit too thick. But over all it was good. Better than the mac-n-cheese but not as good as the jambalaya.


Midway is where all the rides are! We didn't ride any rides but we saw some pretty crazy and scary rides!


 See i told you.. Anything you can think of they have it fried. Fried bubblegum! Did not try it but talked  with a lady in line who said it was a sugar rush.


 You can't go to a fair and not have funnel cake!! but red velvet sounds even better!


 The last then we ate before we left was of course the funnel cake. It was very delicious. It was nice and hot and soft. Yum. Just melts in your mouth kinda goodness! :)


This was the tickets that we had to use to buy everything. They don't use cash or credit cards. So everywhere there are stands to get tickets so you can buy food, water, games. Something I thought was pretty different. 


7 comments:

  1. Speaking of fried cheesecakes, death by meat took it off their menu :( #fail .... o and fried bubble gum is a bit much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES I know!!! It's been off the menu for like FOREVER ago.. I was so disappointed!!

      Delete
  2. i'm a bit confused by the fried bubble gum...i guess i should google it but it'd be like a piece of gum wrapped in funnel cake...how do you even eat it?? do you chew the gum or just swallow it?? i'm baffled haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BAHAHAH.. I know right.. I have no clue.. I don't even know what it looks like. if its even wrapped in batter or what haha!

      Delete
  3. lol yea im not really sure how they have that on their menu...

    ReplyDelete